Listening says "You matter to me"


Listening is a lost art these days. We don’t listen well and we aren’t used to being listened to. When Job was in great pain, his friends were “miserable comforters” (Job 16:2), for he complained: “Oh, that I had someone to hear me!” (Job 31:35). Job was not alone in his longing. We all want to be heard and listening is an effective way of helping others.

Listening says, “You matter to me.” When you fidget, glance at your watch and appear to be rushed - you’re not listening. When you fail to maintain eye contact - you’re not listening. When you don’t ask follow-up questions - you’re not listening. Yes. Listening is hard work and most of us are unwilling to set aside our own  timetable and tendency to hurry on to our next destination. May you and I, by God’s grace acquire a listening ear.

Shared by Sir Ron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post CEKL #99 fellowship day

Kuala Selangor Trip

It's Movie Time!!